So Jay Thompson has introduced me to “meme’s” I had never heard of them until now. Here is how they work according to Jay “ someone with too much time on their hands thinks up some question (typically personal) and starts a post, “tagging” others to do the same, and it flies across the Internet. Before you know it, you’ve found out more about some people than you probably want to know…” Then Jay tagged me!
Here are the rules for this one:
(1) list 7 things about yourself, (2) tag 7 people to do the meme on themselves including a link to their site.
- I was born and raised in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. In any crowd of over 200 there is always somebody from Moose Jaw.
- I have a lot of kids. Three daughters (16,14 and 12) a son 9 and a baby in the bakery.
- I am a serial entrepreneur. While still in University I started a clothing store. We made almost $75,000 dollars in four months selling those crazy “son of a beach shorts” to all types of sports teams and university organizations. We went big and opened a store in a mall and slowly spent the the profits over the next two years. I also started two retail computer operations growing each to over $12 million dollars in revenue before creating Point2Agent.
- I am a Physicist. Well, at least I have a degree in Physics. My daughter Robyn (12) was younger she used to like to tell her friends “My dad is a rocket scientist”, not so much any more.
- Persistence should have been my middle name. I don’t know when to quit – even when (at least in retrospect) I ought to have known.
- I am a dreamer. I love dreaming up ideas and putting them into action. Remember when you were a kid? Anything seemed possible and dreams were the norm. It hurts me to see so many people who I know used to have dreams give up on them and get beaten by the drudgery of life.
- I am extremely lucky. I have the greatest parents, wife and kids. It’s probably why anyone who knows me can tell if I am in a building or room. They only have to listen for my laugh.
Technorati Tags: meme