Okay so it has been a while since my last blog.  I have been busy, life is like that sometime.  At point we have released our sms/text messaging notification system. We are calling it “Real Alerts”.  Cute.  Our members can now have certain events trigger text messages with prospects phone numbers straight to their cell phones.  Consumers expect a response within 4 hours and now our members can make it happen. This stuff is in beta and all our members can access it to some degree.  Even our standard members that are paying nothing.  We are paying for the text messages.  This leads me to my next point – Limbo.

Talk about cute names.  Limbo, how low can you go?  This  is a neat new service that takes advantage of some of the intricacies of text messaging. For all incoming SMS messages, an additional per-call charge can be levied Did you know that when all those teenagers text for their favorite idol it costs them. For example, voters for American Idol were charged 10 cents per SMS vote; AT&T received 8 million SMS votes during the second season. Fees  can go as high as 50 cents per vote or even higher.  This per-call charge generates revenues, can help to hold down high call volumes, and can qualify callers so they have a genuine interest in the product or event.

However, it can also do something else, as in the case of Limbo.  Limbo is a service that holds “auctions” where people can “bid” on items.  The lowest unique bid wins. I.E. the lowest bid that nobody else also bid, hence “Limbo, how low can you go”.  Bidders can bid any where from 1 cent to whatever they desire. The catch is that the bids have to be sent in via SMS.  This generates revenue for Limbo.   Recently someone lucky texter won a Hummer for $36.65! This means they texted in the number 3665 and that was the lowest unique bid.  I wonder how many people texted in 20, 500, 2000 or even 3000, likely many. I bet Limbo made quite a bit more then the cost of the Hummer on this one.

Interesting stuff, I would like to hear people’s thoughts on this one.

Here is the link: http://www.limbo41414.com/

20 Responses to http://www.limbo41414.com/

1. Pennie Walters says:

excited to check this out i heard of limbo41414 on dallas/ftworth texas news channel 4 (fox4)

2. Pennie Walters says:

found out about limbo41414 on fox 4 news @ 9:00pm

3. Bobz says:

We also saw this on a dallas/ftworth news channel. My wife immediately went to the website and tried it out.
    The first day she was told by the company that she won a WII. I think her name is still listed as a winner.
    Guess what? She received one phone call saying she won the prize and would need to fill out some paperwork to claim the prize.
    Haven’t heard from LIMBO41414 since. We have called multiple times and emailed with no response.
    We have a friend at channel 4 and we are working to get a follow up story.

4. Melannwalt says:

So It’s April 20th had your wife heard from Limbo about the winning of the WII?

5. Dan says:

It’s pretty amazing to win a car for $36!, when’s the next auction on?

Dan

6. CharlotteNovack says:

Brendan:

Found Limbo41414 on cell phone mobile web & started playing in May 2007. In October, I won and Apple I Phone with a bid of 6889. Took 8 weeks for them to process but, when called to verify win, offered a check for the amount of the phone.

The only thing, now that I play on line, is that where they were very generous with their “loot” points, since on line, I haven’t received any; they also have increased the amount of loot by 5x what it was when I first started playing……will probably donate the loot I have to their charities…it is still a fun site & they are legit!

They also have a game called “GRAB”….wouldn’t recommend unless you have lots of time to delete emails.

Charlotte

7. jacket women says:

the ability to ideate. you may find…

it difficult to devote yourself completely to content writing or creative writing as your mental space is taken over by personal worries.colleagues in your workplace may be sympathetic in the beginning. but if these personal worries are taking a lifeti…

8. and tricks, but remember to keep it…

honest.read further about blogging and blogging tools on my blog, and you can also check out matt cutts’ blog for seo tips directly from google. matt cutts is an awesome google guy (works there) whose posts can help you separate seo…

9. It’s remarkable for me to have a web site, which is valuable in support of my knowledge. thanks admin

10. I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don’t know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you
    aren’t already 😉 Cheers!

11. This article offers clear idea for the new visitors of blogging,
    that actually how to do running a blog.

12. Thanks , I have recently been looking for info approximately this topic for ages and yours is the greatest I’ve came upon so far. However, what about the bottom line? Are you sure in regards to the source?

13. Danielle says:

When it comes to headshots, the larger the head, the easier the headshot so steer clear
    of big headed Halo: Reach armor permutations.
    However, if you have been trying to find something more,
    a gift, you should use a glimpse at these special versions from your Xbox 360 console 360.

Blizzard has released the official soundtrack by D3 D3 features
    i – Tunes.

14. cars says:

Car shopping is something which almost all adults
    will face in their lives. If you want to drive, you’ll have to buy yourself a car. The simple ideas below will help you turn the car buying process into something you not only can handle, but that you are a master of.

15. But, a single need to be cautious even though making use of this herb for
    pounds loss. By utilizing saffron extract girls are motivated to feed on the suitable foodstuff goods and
    command their desire to over delight in food items.

16. Drusilla says:

Why visitors still make use of to read news papers
    when in this technological world the whole thing is available on web?

17. Jason says:

I think the admin of this web site is actually working hard
    in support of his site, because here every stuff is quality based data.

18. Wonderful post! We are linking to this great post on our website.
    Keep up the great writing.